Level: Primary School Grades 4-6
The Teacher will seek to develop the reading, writing, grammar and punctuation skills of the students in the English Language.
- Preparing lesson notes and planning lessons and activities to transfer knowledge of the curriculum.
- Assessing the understanding of the student and instructing in a manner that meets the differing needs of the students.
- Adapting teaching methods to meet students varying needs and interests
- Preparing materials and classroom for class activities
- Instructing and passing on knowledge through lectures, discussions, exercises, questions and demonstrations
- Establishing and enforcing rules for behavior and procedures for maintaining order among students
- Observing and managing classroom dynamics
- Observing and evaluating students’ performance, behaviour, social development and physical health
- Staying abreast with the latest Information Technology trends and engaging the students on these.
- Integrity: we expect our teachers to be honest and ethical
- Dependability: we expect our teachers to be reliable, show initiative, responsible and dependable in fulfilling obligations, and work with minimum supervision,
- Self-Control: we expect our teachers to maintain composure, keep their emotions in check, control anger and avoid aggressive behavior even under stressful conditions.
- Leadership: we expect our teachers to exhibit a willingness to lead, take charge, and offer opinions and direction.
- Team player: we expect our teachers to exhibit a high level of ability to work as part of a team.